painting my car white!

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
i think im going to paint my car white,but...im going to use spray paint:icon_redf .but not just any spray paint,i know of this spray paint that is for graffiti and it coats very nicely.and there are tons of different caps for the can that coat differently,some are high pressure and others are low pressure.so i think if i do alot of prep work with proper coating it could come out nice.
any opinions....feel free to bash me for this.
by the way here is the link for the paint and caps
http://pureg.net/shop/montana-spray-paint-montana-spray-paint-c-178_179.html

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Im down to see how it turns out on your car. Give her hell.

Are you going to put a clear coat on it? Also i am guessing your car is a different color now, what are you going to do about the jams and underhood color?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
^Ditto. I'm curious to see how it'll turn out as well.

In high school, we rattle canned a car flat black. No prep work...we were stoned...and it was at night. Ya know what?! It didn't turn out half bad considering... ;)

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
hahahah yea i plan on painting the door jams and other areas.i thinkin 3 dust coats of primer then 3 layers of white then 2 layers of clear.with tons of prep work.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
ahhh hectic to say the least.....to some it all up i say the phrase "how could one person fuck up a car so bad" every time i work on it lol, but then i look at how clean the interior is and its all worth it.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
no its already way better than it was, its just not as easy i had thought it was going to be. but its coming along slowly but surely jit me up if you wanna come see it.if you still need motor mounts i have some square ones laying around some where in my pile of madness.lol

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You have to consider how many of those little cans you'll have to buy to properly cover your car. For nearly the same price you could probably buy a half decent bc/cc paint kit from your local auto paint supply store. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...fai=CXSxl_7NLTKy5DJHuzASZtMWiCgAAAKoEBU_QaMi5

If you don't feel comfortable spraying it yourself I'm sure you can find someone who's willing to do a side job for little to nothing. During these tough economic times people are doing all sorts of side jobs on the cheap.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
^ He has a point.
My cousin sprayed his car, but it is an 87 samurai and it's his off-road rig/dd not by any means meant to show off. It did come out good though.

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1596835 said:
You have to consider how many of those little cans you'll have to buy to properly cover your car. For nearly the same price you could probably buy a half decent bc/cc paint kit from your local auto paint supply store. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...fai=CXSxl_7NLTKy5DJHuzASZtMWiCgAAAKoEBU_QaMi5

If you don't feel comfortable spraying it yourself I'm sure you can find someone who's willing to do a side job for little to nothing. During these tough economic times people are doing all sorts of side jobs on the cheap.

Agreed. Buy the paint, do all the prep work yourself, and you can come out with a decent paint job.