Pacesetter header O2 sensor

canadianbacon

Extra Crispy
Dec 10, 2005
Coquitlam, BC
Hey I have a quick question regarding the Pacesetter header. The O2 sensor is located at the bottom after where it forks into two pipes just before the CAT. Where I live we have an Aircare Program here. I heard a rumour about the O2 sensor would not read because it is too far down the pipe and the exhaust is not hot enough. In Vancouver, if my care does not pass Aircare= no insurance!! Does anybody have comments about what I should do. Should I just button up the stock exhaust to go through the test?? Or is there some trick like adusting timing(retarding it) or what. Could I tap another hole for the sensor up higher, but I think that might not work! I am sure the the designers at pacesetter would not design a header without these factors in mind?? Should I go with another header all together? If so, what brand? Thanks for the tips. Danno 7MGE (Not a Big Turbo Guy.....YET,but soon!!)

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
It should be just fine in the hole/place provided. It will get plenty hot. It needs to be located where it will get a reading from all the exhaust. So if it were any higher up the system, it would only be getting exhaust from some of the cylinders.