Overheat-rough idle on start!

TEMPEST

We're a work in Progress
Jul 29, 2006
New Orleans
www.cardomain.com
I know a lot of you guys would automatically bill this as a blown head gasket. However... the engine runs mint, no smoke, and simply overheats like a nun in a whorehouse! changed thermostat, no joy. Upper coolant hose to radiator is dry!!! ALL FANS were not running until we checked them... now two work( the lower fan has no rotor) whaddayathink?? it's my daily driver. need to get'er done so to speak!!

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Major coolant leak or BHG. Not all BHG's cause the car to run rough or spit smoke out. Fill it up and start looking for leaks.

TEMPEST

We're a work in Progress
Jul 29, 2006
New Orleans
www.cardomain.com
Not happy......nothing I've tried has brought the temp in range. I'll do the bhg prep, and I'm sure I'll be doing the whole lobster dinner. Not happy, The head gasket isn't 20,000 miles old, and I have'nt done any (major) mods. I'll do this one myself to make sure it's correct.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
my car would overheat because i had a pinhole leak in my radiator, but no coolant was coming out, it was near the top and was just loosing major pressure so that caused my car to overheat. i bought a Koyo and no problems since.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Fill the radiator to the brim. Put the radiator cap on, start the car. As it warms up look for leaks. Squeeze the upper radiator hose to encourage the leak to spew more. Get out a flashlight if you have to, look up top and underneath the motor.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
my rad split along the top tank right under the hose, not bad enough to notice escaping steam, but caused temp probs. & coolant loss. Perhaps pressure test your coolant system and then look at hg subsequently.