Other Post 89 Motor Mount Options.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Hey Everyone!

Looks like I just joined the "I Broke My motor mounts while pulling my engine club." :cry:

I know the MK4 option is open and not too much even with TRD Technocraft mounts.

But I remember there was a Izuzu Pickup mount that bolts right in and is a ton less cost wise and is just as strong as the TRD/MK4 Mounts. I remember seeing it on someones geocity site but for the life of me can't find it.

I know the "OG" supra owners know what i'm talking about. :icon_bigg

Hopefully Someone chimes in!

Thanks A TON!
Sumeet K.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Nick M;965314 said:
How on earth do you manage such a thing?

Well both sides were loose i have the head off so that really didn't help as tension was added the cherry picker slid forward, :3d_frown: And at the same time the motor slid forward, and i heard the left slide drop and then the right.

Spoke with Jeff Watson earlier and he said that it's not much and that he can add it to my current order with no problem.

But i did hear of the Isuzu route from someone. Ohh well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Cherry picker accident. I see. I thought you were going to say something dumb about not knowing it was bolted in.

Could be worse. Your car could have been up in the air on the lift and fallen.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Nick M;965372 said:
Cherry picker accident. I see. I thought you were going to say something dumb about not knowing it was bolted in.

Could be worse. Your car could have been up in the air on the lift and fallen.

I use Jack stands Nick.

Still my fault but ohh well.

ridah

Thats rice
Apr 4, 2005
Beverly Hills
Hockey pucks

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
^^^ No way!!!? Three of them huh? No trimming down of one? Be honest though, drilling the hole through them had to be a bitch! (?) And, probably smelled pretty bad too!:biglaugh:
Curious also on how the vibration is inside the car.

ridah

Thats rice
Apr 4, 2005
Beverly Hills
91T breezen';965573 said:
^^^ No way!!!? Three of them huh? No trimming down of one? Be honest though, drilling the hole through them had to be a bitch! (?) And, probably smelled pretty bad too!:biglaugh:
Curious also on how the vibration is inside the car.

Not mine I think it's from a sc300 with a jz motor. I have solid mounts right now and I don't like them that much. I'm eventually going to go with mk4 mounts or end up having the solid mounts halved, and shortened and stick a hockey puck in the center of the 2 metal pieces which will have less vibration that the solids.

The hockey pucks should stand up to the strain, supposedly domestic guys have been running hockey pucks for a long time now.