O'Reilly Auto Parts no longer carrying brake pads

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
We tried ordering pads today. Apparently they cant even order them in anymore. Same with Autozone, NAPA, and Pep Boys. I didnt check for other parts but thats no good...

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
I call Bull. i work for vatozone. & ive worked for Oreilly. i will look into this tomorrow when i go work.

Last time i checked. You could special order EBC Greenstuff at oreilly's

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Personally I wouldn't use any of those anyways. Only decent ones are the posi quite ceramics.

Rather use oem Toyota or Trd or ebc.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
you have to order brakes for a different car that also fit our car. For some reason they don't have brakes for us in the system, but I believe sc300 brakes work or something. Do a little research and itll come up. I had to get pads a while ago and did the research and found our brake pads are interchangeable with another model. I just forget which one exactly.

Bet 2 min searching would turn up results for me.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
If you don't need them this minute, I would just order them online. You will have a much better selection of quality pads and better prices usually.

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Silver MK3;1998348 said:
If you don't need them this minute, I would just order them online. You will have a much better selection of quality pads and better prices usually.

^^^indeed^^^
That is most likely your best bet

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Pre89 part # for the fronts: MKD336, D336, or SC336. Line code (Oreilly's use): BB
Post 89 #: same at Oreillys. But autozone for some reason uses part #: MKD435

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You can always wait. The street is always going to be there. You just have to wait until your next day off. Unless you flew someone in to tune the car for you, then I understand the rush. For street tuning I hopped online and bought the cheapest organic pads I could find, and a decent set of brake pads. Once you're done with street tuning take off the cheapies (keep them), and install the better pads. Anytime you're going to street tune slap those cheapies back in and burn those off.
Right now they have cheap organic fronts for $6.94, and rears for $6.08 at rockauto. They also have ceramics on their site.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
rd363 - carquest carries them in NPN PBR and their red line. also have many aftermarket performance pads available to order.

advance has them in all 3 lines as well.

88+
94-96 honda passport
89-94 isuzu amigo
91-95 isuzu rodeo
87-91 isuzu trooper

pre...
as far as i can tell only supra uses them

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1998389 said:
You can always wait. The street is always going to be there. You just have to wait until your next day off. Unless you flew someone in to tune the car for you, then I understand the rush. For street tuning I hopped online and bought the cheapest organic pads I could find, and a decent set of brake pads. Once you're done with street tuning take off the cheapies (keep them), and install the better pads. Anytime you're going to street tune slap those cheapies back in and burn those off.
Right now they have cheap organic fronts for $6.94, and rears for $6.08 at rockauto. They also have ceramics on their site.

Our tuner does not have a very flexible schedule so we try not to miss an opportunity or we'd be set back another month lol. We were able to get pads from a local here. A BBK is next on the list so they wont be on for long.

Having a crossover list will be beneficial for other members so post them up if you know them guys. Thanks

Midwest_Mudder

Backlash2032;1998401 said:
Parts guy was probably looking up parts for a Toyota Subaru, as usual.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

i had to fight with an oreilly employee for plugs for my jeep "um, there is no such thing as a 6 cylinder wrangler"... so i walk outside, grab my owners manual and point it out to him "nope those were only overseas, i know this because i have a jeep"

i walk out and its a dodge nitro thing that jeep also made. drove across the street to carquest, bought 6 plugs, then we prank phone called oreillys.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Midwest_Mudder;1998433 said:
i had to fight with an oreilly employee for plugs for my jeep "um, there is no such thing as a 6 cylinder wrangler"... so i walk outside, grab my owners manual and point it out to him "nope those were only overseas, i know this because i have a jeep"

i walk out and its a dodge nitro thing that jeep also made. drove across the street to carquest, bought 6 plugs, then we prank phone called oreillys.

Did he even ATTEMPT to look them up? thats just sad, young dude i assume.

I looked up brake pads at work. Have them in stock.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Midwest_Mudder;1998433 said:

I've run into this before, instead of explaining what a 1jz is I just hand them the part number for the spark plugs and say I need 6 of those lol.