Opinions on Mk3 coilovers?

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
I was looking to get my suspension done before the winter comes. I am parking it during the winter and getting it painted when it comes out. Could anyone help me out with this? General information about the different types and what you gain from each one?

Feedback about your own suspension - if you have pictures of them on too? The fitment on the wheel wells?

Ive been looking at a few,
HKS Hipermax 2
Tein SS coils w/pillow mounts
Ksport
D2 Racing coils

Thanks!

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Mk3Tmoney;1377522 said:
I was looking to get my suspension done before the winter comes. I am parking it during the winter and getting it painted when it comes out. Could anyone help me out with this? General information about the different types and what you gain from each one?

Feedback about your own suspension - if you have pictures of them on too? The fitment on the wheel wells?

Ive been looking at a few,
HKS Hipermax 2
Tein SS coils w/pillow mounts
Ksport
D2 Racing coils

Thanks!

you should look threw the suspension treads on here theres a lot of good info or post dis thread there....just a thought....

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Edit your original post, and then at the bottom it probably has a check window to delete the message.

I had hks hipermax 2's on the silver car in my avatar. They have progressive springs and aren't as track-oriented as the rest, but they are definitely a quality coilover and help make the car much more sporting without giving up too much of the luxury/GT ride quality. The downsides to the HKS coilovers (at least at the time, don't know if they've changed) is that any change in ride height changed spring preload (not like most newer designed coilovers), they had a steel body that picked up some surface rust on the threads pretty quickly, and they didn't have the tabs for brake lines like stock shocks and many other coilovers have...

So with all that said, I think they are over-priced, but if you value ride quality they don't really have any equal that I'm aware of.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
A lot of people are using the Stance coilovers and having good luck with them. I'm going to get Stance when I get coilovers.