One Scary Noise (r154 maybe)

ThirstyMKthrice

Feb 26, 2008
Austin, TX
www.myspace.com
This all starts with a very cheap clutch from ebay, later found out that it was all a scam and I ended up with a stock pressure plate. It was the XTD stage 2. Well I drive it like there is a baby on board for a bit over a hundred miles. One night I was feeling a little rambunctious and thought I would take it to redline. What a mistake. As soon as I shift it into second I hear a very loud BANG. I pull the car over to the side and it still can shift into gear, at first I thought it was something else, but the whole car was shaking and putting it into any gear was a real job. I take it apart and find that a piece of the pressure plate somehow came lose and cut the bell housing open pretty bad. I put a new clutch in, inspect the cuts to the bell housing, they didn't seem too bad. Just some very clean slices. I throw the new clutch in and get ready to have my baby back, and not limping. Well...it didn't work out that way. The car still has a very heavy shake to it. Not as bad with the new clutch, but it is still present. Also, about one out of five times when I start to move I get this HORRIBLE scary sound coming from the clutch area. I can feel the shake kick up and then a sound like CLACK,CLACK,CLACK. Just like the pressure plate is hitting the bell housing or something. It's off the road now and I know I don't need another clutch. My only option right now is to buy a new r154, but I'd still like to know why this is happening. Or if its not even transmission related.
Thank you all very much.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Could have bent the shaft on the trans...could have blown some crank bearings...warped the flywheel...etc

You need to break out a dial indicator and check everything

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Hell yes, the supra ownes you when you start playing under the hood with anything other then a flat head screw driver :)