Once again a knockoff from overseas, 7M FFIM. Discuss

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Hey guys. Someone on the facebook mk3 owners group recently asked about ffim's and where to get them. I suggested Seth as he is the only guy I know still making these. Another person popped up and suggested a company from thailand making ffim's for $350 a pop. Got me thinking... besides the obvious quality issues and lack of any research done into how well their product performs, what other issues can you guys see? They claim that the use of "velocity stacks" inside the plenum created better flow, and while this seems like it makes sense, shouldn't a well constructed ffim not have to worry about this? (Neither Seth nor RonR had these in their ffim's) I'm not exactly well versed in the physics of air flow and the usage of ffim, so feel free to discuss!! here are the links:

ebay auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/toyota-supr...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item41611f1e2d#ht_1162wt_1396

Shop site: http://ksracing.net/intake.php

Here is a link to Seth's thread for reference and comparison: http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...olds-Exhaust-Manifolds-and-other-custom-parts

I can't find any of RonR's old threads (if they even existed) so if anyone has pics of his work, feel free to post as well.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Unless they changed them the need to be modded in order to fit. And since you have to weld better off just making your own.

topekamk3

Nov 4, 2011
Topeka, KS
It's $350+150 shipping...Thats $500 for a mani that may or may not fit. Or you can look in the classifieds and pick up a used one made by Seth or Ron for around the same price. I looked at both and did the later of the two because I knew it would fit and work.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
topekamk3;1792917 said:
It's $350+150 shipping...Thats $500 for a mani that may or may not fit. Or you can look in the classifieds and pick up a used one made by Seth or Ron for around the same price. I looked at both and did the later of the two because I knew it would fit and work.

for 500 bucks i could get a JZ intake and have it welded to my lower runners for that.

jotech

Dec 15, 2011
Curacao
i just start building my mk3 just orderd proefi pro 48 ecu aluminum 3row radiator 264bc cams 7675 precision turbo and i came to the point thad i need a ffim manifold the car has one on it now but the first owner cut the oe mani and welded a round tube on it (ugly very ugly) so i called those guys from ks racing to place an order for one, the guy picked up the phone, i started telling him why i was calling and he told me to call back because he was very busy and to call back in one hour, ok i called back and no one will pick up the phone after numerous calling i get a hold of him started to explain why iam calling and its like no one is at the other end of the phone close the phone call back no one is answering, so for me iam done, iam going to aruba for the extreme import show down and i will talk to my freind there thad had build two manifold for me for two 2jzge's thad i have build last year and those things are nice and cost the same 500 dollar and comes whit fuel rail so i will let him build one for my

CarlosPTR210

Apr 5, 2006
Calexico,CA
www.ptr.com.mx
Hi guys,

I’ll begging to make FFIM for the MKIII, in the past build some with the support of some shop, but nowI will begging to built them by my self. for better build and cheaper price :naughty: .

If some one is interested send my PM.

p1796644_1.jpg

p1796644_2.jpg

p1796644_3.jpg

p1796644_4.jpg

p1796644_5.jpg

p1796644_6.jpg

p1796644_7.jpg

p1796644_8.jpg

p1796644_9.jpg

p1796644_10.jpg