olschool Apexi Super afc(knob type)

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
ok so i just bought an oldschool safc, didnt know where to post this so i just put it in here
for those who havent seen one:
p1596883_1.jpg

general info:
engine is a 1jzgte
have 3in freeflow exhaust and downpipe, no cat
for some reason run 1 barr of boost
the rest is oem
have a gt-r fuelpump.

ive been looking for an online manual and found one but it seems to be lacking with info and unclear so does anyone have a wiring diagram for the installation? and yes i have searched sm and only come up with safc1 or 2 or neo.

and is this safc reliable?
and dont have a wideband yet so what would be a good initial setting for the knobs?

thanks allot for the help sm
jon.

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
what i got from the net
for the pressure signal use PIM vac sensor and cut it and use following connection
yellow( air flow output or from the safc to the ecu)
white (airflow input or from the engine to safc)

green (rpm signal)--- where it doesnt specify what to use, the IGT-1 RPM 2 or IGF RPM 1 i saw this on a thread for the safc2 but i figured you cant use the same
red (switch power)
black ( connect to E2 earth)

batttz

English Lurker
Aug 28, 2007
Hampshire
I have the manual for that as I run it. the switches at the back are car specific and for the 1j its up,down,down,down,down,up,down,up car set 1.
red wire ig power, black wire air flow ground, green wire rpm signal, yellow wire air flow output, white wire air flow input. you cut the airflow signal wire and the yellow goes closest to the ecu.
I would not reccomend using this blind, if you lean out you could do some damage

dmvirus

Feb 14, 2007
cebu, philippines
my question was what rpm signal wire do i attach the green wire to?
this is the diagram of the ecu
p1596927_1.gif

and from the manual where T5 is for the 1jzgte
p1596927_2.gif

as you can see it doesnt specify which rpm to attach to.. the rpm 1? or rpm2?

as i understand the safc2 would have problems if not attached to the proper rpm wire.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
batttz;1596908 said:
I have the manual for that as I run it. the switches at the back are car specific and for the 1j its up,down,down,down,down,up,down,up car set 1.

Sounds more like a cheat code for an old Nintendo game....lol. I'm sorry. I know this had nothing to do with this topic but I couldn't resist.

batttz

English Lurker
Aug 28, 2007
Hampshire
I have mine fitted to rpm 1 on my 7m-gte and it works fine, I doubt it matters where the signal comes from as long as it gets a rpm signal