Old alarm connected to... what?

Blah

Aug 2, 2013
France
Hi,

My 92 Supra came with an aftermarket alarm. Of course I wasn't given the keys to operate it (lost in the last few owners the car had).
I'm removing the wires that were connected to it, and I'm lucky enough that they didn't butcher the OEM ones, using these 3M clips instead.

Now I've tried to read diagrams to figure out what did what (curiosity being my main drive for this MK3 restoration).
However I'm really confused here, I really don't find what these Yellow (add-on) wires, plugged on this connector under the steering wheel were supposed to do.

Does anyone have a better idea? :
20150421_175103.jpg 20150421_175218.jpg 20150421_175452.jpg 20150421_175607.jpg 20150421_175050.jpg

I figured that these were locking/unlocking the door, though, if I'm correct :
20150421_175147.jpg 20150421_175553.jpg

Thanks for the attention that you'll give to this post.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
yellow wires were likely your turn signals.

if you search on here you can find an alarm wiring thread that shows were all the wires for alarms are.

Blah

Aug 2, 2013
France
Thank you for your answer.

I have indeed looked into that and saved quite a few of those threads/diagrams. However I couldn't find any info on that Green/Black wire, but I guess I was looking at the wrong place.
Turn signals to make the car light up like a Christmas tree should it be tempered with does sound like a good possibility.

Thanks again, I'll look deeper into it.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
If its connected to that connector, then yea I would say its connected to your running/parking lights and turn signals. I have a 92 TWED book I can reference when I get home tonight, and post my findings.

The drivers door has a "DOOR CONTROL" box or something similar. Its basically a relay box for the power locks and communicates with the Theft Computer. If they wanted to control the locks then that area you have wire taps would be it.

Personally I despise those wire taps, they destroy the integrity of the insulation and damage the copper inside. There is a time and place to use them, but I don't think they should be used in cars.

Blah

Aug 2, 2013
France
That might sound silly, I cannot find the alarm light. The one that's supposed to be blinking when it's armed.
The alarm modifications on this supra seem to only have been add-ons, but I can't find it anywhere.
To be honest, I've been googling around to try to find a photo of where it is located stock, but I can't find one.

Would you please help me find out where should I be looking on the dash to find its original location, and where is it connected on the harness?

Thank you!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Stock alarm light is in the cluster.

Stock alarm computer is about the steering column under the dash.