Ok my high beams wont go off

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
I just changed out my 88 steering column and light switches to my 89 column and light switches. My high/low switch is stuck it wont go off of high beam. Wuzup with this any ideas of whats wrong it seems to be stuck I dont want to break it.

Champ

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
shenronzero;1186722 said:
light the wand is stuck foreward? that really sucks... maybe a little spray of like WD40 in the whole... or drop it and take a look at whats around it, something might be in the way

Yeah thats p[retty much what its doing it feel stuck. If you hold it back it will stay on lows but you have to hold it.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
champscl;1186759 said:
Yeah thats p[retty much what its doing it feel stuck. If you hold it back it will stay on lows but you have to hold it.

sounds like there is something wrong with the mechinism in the colum... try to pull it out and look at whats going on... try to take a pic to that will help..

champscl

Aug 23, 2008
North Carolina
hvyman;1186795 said:
are all the wires in the same places at the connector for the 88 and 89?

Yeah, pretty much everything plugged right in. The only problem that I had was the steering wheel I used my 88 steering wheel because it was in better shape. The horn and cruise had to be rewired to the 89 column.