Oil squirter bolt breakage

ncv6coupe

Jul 24, 2011
ATL, GA
Cleaned threads, squirters and bolts to remove all residue, prayed, torqued and finishing putting oil pan etc. on. With the thread freshening from the first set that was installed, I've convinced myself that I'm good to go.

Many of you have had success with them through the years so I'm not going to sweat it anymore.

I'm going to monitor oil pressure like a hawk. I will try to get a safeguard put in the ms3 to monitor any high speed pressure issues that would happen from a failure. I did shim oil pump 5.7mm and have full flow hardline installed so if I can't sustain 60psi at 7000rpm I will probably pull motor and block them off. Want to run half mile or mile events so really hoping these work out for me.

If I had kept the old broken one I would have sent it to pirate for analysis. The previous six were mint compared to these ones. The corroded ones almost look like they were installed previously.

Sucks they are not in sealed packaging to ensure you do get new parts.

ncv6coupe

Jul 24, 2011
ATL, GA
Even older Honda's used to use that coating on almost every bolt but on newer Honda's the fasteners and bolts rust out faster than ever.

Go work under an Infiniti G37 and you will appreciate even more what Honda and Toyota used to do back in the day before the green wars.

The new front and rear control arm bolts were coated though, they had the rainbow hue like 3p was explaining earlier. Really nice looking to match battle version arm. Those are more critical so no corner cutting with lives at risk.

Guess since the squirters are splashing around in oil all day they decided to shelve it since 7m is a dying breed. And there is not enough clearance with upgraded rods to use a different style squirter setup. I pondered it hard today.