Oil Pump bolt sizes??

Tsupra04

Supra Number 5
Aug 7, 2011
Stewartstown, PA
Hey everyone - just got my block back from the machine shop, and I made the mistake of not removing the oil pump BEFORE I sent it out. So I got my refinished block back with a box of parts....and I have no idea which bolts hold the oil pump and the pickup bracket in place. Google search gets me the Toyota part numbers, but no details on size. Anyone have any idea what the specs are on those two bolts?

Also, can anyone confirm that there is no gasket between the pump and the block mount? Not sure why there would be, but again, I did not take it apart so am not sure.

Thanks.....

Tsupra04

Supra Number 5
Aug 7, 2011
Stewartstown, PA
Thanks - I actually thought to Cygnus link went down a while back. Glad to see it up again. Anyway, that answers the gasket question, but still no help on the bolt sizes. I am not going to hold up my reassembly much longer -will prob just order replacements from Toyota. Not worth stressing over a few dollars compared to what I am spending on the overall project ;>)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I know it's an 8mmX1.25mm bolt holding the pickup bracket, FWIW.

Edit: I checked the thread on the stud that I'm using and it's 1.25mm thread. Had it wrong.

Last edited:

simmi

Banned
Feb 14, 2013
Rajathan
Tsupra04;1927362 said:
Hey everyone - just got my block back from the machine shop, and I made the mistake of not removing the oil pump BEFORE I sent it out. So I got my refinished block back with a box of parts....and I have no idea which bolts hold the oil pump and the pickup bracket in place. Google search gets me the Toyota part numbers, but no details on size. Anyone have any idea what the specs are on those two bolts?

Also, can anyone confirm that there is no gasket between the pump and the block mount? Not sure why there would be, but again, I did not take it apart so am not sure.

Thanks.....
attachment.php

bolts are 8mmx1.25 with a 12mm head.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Valve Caps