oil pressure

wadadlidp

Wicket!
May 19, 2006
MARYLAND
does anyone know what the oil pressue should be on the mk3 supranon-turbo should be,mine sits halfway between 0-40 which i think is 20 it goes just a little above that half way mark even when driving at high speeds. is there any danger here and what could happen?

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Search tool is your friend. 4.3 psi min @ idle... around 40 mark by 3krpm.. if you arent reaching 40 psi you should probably check your oil and add accordingly. If still bad after an oil change and fill up id think bout your bearings

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
^

u said like 97% of what i just said

But

I would Check your OIL PUMP, gears might not be within spec, and the top of your case to your oil pump might be all Scratchd and F'd up Not producing enough oil to the motor

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
haha justin i know... sorry... oil pump creates flow not pressure so dont confuse the two. Id check the bearings before the pump... just my .02.

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
I don't know if this is wierd but when I first start the car in the morning my oil pressure is at about 35-40 psi and then when ity warms up it drops down to normal. I have always thought it was because of the viscocity of the oil. Let me know if I am wrong.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Hm - mine usually hits 40psi at about 2k, was sitting higher than that until about 2 weeks ago when it started slowly coming back down - i'm guessing that it's just a matter of the oil thinning out after about a month and a half after the oil change (which required another litre of 10w40 today after being below the minimum mark!! :eek: )