Oil pressure issues in boost

MaverickA70

desperate parts beggar
Sep 17, 2007
arkansas
I got the idea from the 7m assembly tips thread by Adjuster:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5631

Now you can set the depth of the pickup if you want. Measure the depth of the pan with a straight edge and tape measure. (Pan rails to sump depth.) Then measure up from the block rails and see how "low" your sump sits. With a careful hand and a pry bar, you can gently bend the sump "down" up so it's sitting lower in the pan when everything is together. This might make the sump slightly crooked, but who cares, it's now lower into the oil that will keep the engine alive longer. If you go too low, it will starve the motor however, so about 1/2" or 1.5mm is a good call. Keep in mind the screen is not the bottem of the sump pickup, so if the screen is almost touching, it's about right.

I would drop the pan but i'll have to borrow a hoist so it will be a bit. In the meantime i'll check the oil cooler relief

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
aznboik1mva;1487800 said:
i wouldnt go with 0w-30...ik for me, my supra went thru 0w-30 lik i go thru egg roles

Then as already mentioned you have other issues.

To the OP, did you use a larger oil cooler? Do you run an extra quart of oil over stock? Excessive oil in the PCV system?

MaverickA70

desperate parts beggar
Sep 17, 2007
arkansas
Poodles;1488183 said:
To the OP, did you use a larger oil cooler? Do you run an extra quart of oil over stock? Excessive oil in the PCV system?

The oil cooler is stock, i run 6 qts, and the pcv system doesn't seem to have any excessive oil and it is the stock routing.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Poodles;1488183 said:
Then as already mentioned you have other issues.

same here. everything was stock in the car besides a k&n intake

MaverickA70

desperate parts beggar
Sep 17, 2007
arkansas
I just pulled the oil cooler relief spring, and it still seems pretty stiff. Is there something specific that I should look for?

MaverickA70

desperate parts beggar
Sep 17, 2007
arkansas
i replaced the turbo, mine had miles of shaftplay..
The oil pressure is now within spec, if not a little higher than before i had this issue. Apparently my turbo was so far gone that it was affecting my oil pressure :aigo: