Oil pressure Gauge wiring

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
I know this has been touched on in other threads but they dont seem to apply to my situation. So here goes:
First of all this is a swap into a mz21 soarer so there isnt a yellow connector like in ma70's. I only seem to have one yellow w/ black stripe wire coming off the female side of the IG1 connector. Im assuming this is the oil pressure light as the gauge doesnt respond when hooked to this wire. Connected to the oil pressure sender is a white wire w/ a black line. I've tried tracing but there are several wires in the harness with this same color.

So my question is does this white w/ black line wire splice into something else or change colors further along in the harness? Can i make use of a multimeter or test light to trace the wire?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Im sure it is a Yellow / Black stripe coming off the oil sender. Almost all Toyotas I've seen use this color combo for the oil pressure signal.
If you trace the harness/plug that comes off the Instrument cluster, that corresponding wire should be there and you should connect it to that.

mini_me1209

MZ21 1jz Single Turbo
May 27, 2007
Lethbridge
I opened up put of the harness and traced the wire. At the point where it connects to the sender all the way up to the female side of the IG1 its more of a cream white w/ black stripe. There are a few wires in the engine harness sharing this same colour. But, on closer inspection you'll notice that the sender wire has a much thinner black stripe. From the male side to the dash its yellow w/ black stripe. Although my gauge still isnt reading pressure. I think this may be due to grounding as all the ground points are coated in silicone. Will run another ground tomorrow, when the weather clears up.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
also, not all oil sendors are compatible. Like if the 1jz is put in a previously 7m powered car, you have to swap out the oil sender from the 7m engine to the 1jz. This may also be the case for you since you have a Digi dash and the 1JZ engine may not have come from a digi dash equipped car.