Oil pressure gauge wiring?!

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok, so I got the driftmotion SS line so I can read oil pressure on my 1j with the stock 7m gauge, I put the line on and put the sending unit on and plugged it in, and the gauge isnt reading oil pressure, I think this might be a missed wire when wiring inside the car, does anyone know of any wire i might have to mess with in order to get this work?

If anyone could help out itd be greatly appreciated cause I just wont to have a fully functional car without sacraficing any functions lol.

-Kevin

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
well if the oil pressure didnt work before i would start troubleshooting... it is only 1 wire i guess start tracing :)

my o/d light flashes to. you can always unplug the light :)

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
My O/D light was blinking too. I just unplugged it. I still haven't hooked up my oil pressure gauge. Are your tach and temp gauges working?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
tlo86;1062359 said:
well if the oil pressure didnt work before i would start troubleshooting... it is only 1 wire i guess start tracing :)

my o/d light flashes to. you can always unplug the light :)

ok ill just unplug the light :icon_razz, do you know if the oil pressure gauge deals anything with the dash connections that have to be done in order for the 1j to even work?

NecroCyde;1062481 said:
or just get a manual cluster and send me your auto one, ill buy it, seriously.

no thanks dude, I dont mind my cluster and I really dont want to hassel wit shipping and not having a cluster for a week.

supra1008;1062509 said:
My O/D light was blinking too. I just unplugged it. I still haven't hooked up my oil pressure gauge. Are your tach and temp gauges working?

tach, speedometer, boost gauge, and temp are all working perfect, do you know the answer to the question i asked tlo86?

thanks guys for the help

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
if your oil gauge is not working , there are three things I can think of that could be wrong.

1 > Oil sender is bad.
2 > Oil sender is not gouunded properly. The grounding happens as it was directly connected to the block. Try running a ground wire from the sender to the block.
3 > is the correct oil wire hooked up to the sender? There are two oil iwres, one for the level / light on the dash ( 7m's did not have those ) and the other is for the sendor/gauge.

Hope this helps.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
The oil sender grounds through the ss hose. The problem is that the wiring diagram for the 1jz is wrong on the wire for the oil pressure gauge. The two grey/green wires from the grey 1jz plug go the the yellow/black wire in the small yellow connector above the glovebox.

You don't have to pull the cluster to turn off the od light, just unplug the auto ecu in the passenger kick panel. It's a metal box with one plug on the bottom.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
aw man thanks arron, see I knew something was wrong with te original wiring, but its the only diagrams I had so there wasnt much i could do lol, its kj btw, ok I got it looks like Ill go fix this mess right now, thanks dog, figgy iggy stay dope

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok sweet OD light is gone, ok so I found that yellow connector above the glove box, but as of the grey plug, which one, IH2? or IG1? and the color of the wire is green and grey not 2 wires that are grey and green? haha sorry little confussed.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
yea those are the diagrams bigaaron was talking about being wrong, thanks though, I think Im just going to start tracing wiring diagrams.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
aaarrroooonnnnnn, I asked you when i was there, but got confussed haha, its cool I just got what you said in your other post Im clipping and splicing the wires right now, Ill let you know how it goes :)

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok damn I give up, I got the 2 green/grey wires from the IG1 1j plug spliced into the yellow/black wire on the yellow conector, can you build oil pressure just by reving or no?

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
ok yea, I was putting my wiring back and the horn and lights all got stuck on haha, fixed it though, stupid factory alarm was grounding out, anyways, I got the wire where it goes, not sure if it works since I dont have a drive shaft, guess Ill just find out next week lol