oil pressure gauge question

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
well oil all over the place is not nice

HOT oil all over the place or especially on you is not something you want. Trust me at 180 degree that shit WILL hurt and probably cause good 3rd degree burns.

DaSuprawolf

Im SICK of N/A
Dec 29, 2005
ChicagoLand
i'd dought it get on you, it would in the dash or on the floor or somewhere else, and the line is sooo small. i now i wouldn'd mount it in MY lap.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
supra88boy said:
i'd dought it get on you, it would in the dash or on the floor or somewhere else, and the line is sooo small. i now i wouldn'd mount it in MY lap.

you doubt itll get on you?

go ahead, run engine oil into your cabin.. have fun.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
supra88boy said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaa, can you read?!! NOT my car, NOT my thread
oh and my post \/.

geeez. miscommunication is running rampant today. i was trying to make a point. did you get it? running oil into the cabin isnt a good idea. spend the extra money and get an electrical gauge.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Get an electric one, if my memory servs me correctly Mechanical Oil & Fuel Pressure gauges are illegal to run in cabin. It can cause fires and burn you very bad. I would NOT! do it and yes it is VERY UNSAFE.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
TaSe said:
Get an electric one, if my memory servs me correctly Mechanical Oil & Fuel Pressure gauges are illegal to run in cabin. I would NOT! do it and yes it is VERY UNSAFE.
I have ran mechanical gauge in every car and truck ive owned, and its more accurate than any electrical gauge i tried. On the subject of oil leaks, if u dont kink it or put it near a moving part u wont have any problems. It all comes down to the person installing the gauge. Shelby

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
jetjock said:
Well, 99% of piston powered airplanes have mech oil and fuel pressure gages with lines into the cockpit so take that for what it's worth. They have orifices though. I should also point out it may be better to keep the stock oil sender in place because the ECU uses the signal for idle speed control purposes.

in the mkiii? are you sure?

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
You can always get an isolator or whatever it's called...line goes in with hot oil, then the pressure is transferred to a non flammable, cold liquid going to the guage in the cabin...IIRC, don't quote me on that.

Clinton

Power Blue!!
Apr 8, 2005
Sacramento, CA
I can think of several cars offhand that used a mechanical oil pressure gauge from factory, the family at the top of my head is the 1980s and older mercedes-benz diesels.

I don't think it'd be horribly dangerous if you used a high quality oil pressure gauge, and not cheap-arsed crap.

CCC