Oil pressure connector

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
I need your guys advise the connector for the oem oil pressure sending unit broke into a million piece what do you guys used to replace it ? i noticed that some tundras have the same connector

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
hvyman;2052237 said:
its just a spade connector. just cover it back up with the boot after.

A spade might work, but the oem terminal has a detent that helps lock onto the sensor. You'd probably be ok without it, but you'd risk them vibrating apart. It would suck to have it come off while driving. You wouldn't know if you just had catastrophic engine failure or a simple loose wire. And that's not an easy wire to check roadside on a hot engine.

Op: maybe you want to ask tweak'd (Cam) if he knows of an aftermarket solution since Toyota doesn't offer it.

When I redid my harness I stole a connector from a donor harness and used a new terminal, but it requires some modification to fit just right.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
I've had a female spade on mine for almost a year now and it's just fine, it fits tightly. If you look at the standard female connectors they have a detent in them anyways which will keep them from vibrating apart.

I couldn't find the part number for that terminal otherwise I would've bought it.