Oil pan sump!

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
This is my first motor ever that requires sump to be change. My jz is front and will need a rear one. I got it ready. My questions is, is there a diy or write up on how to change it and is there anything ull have to do when u change it? Please lmk asap. Also use toyota gasket maker right?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Custom line inside?

Hondabond is what holds my motor together. IJ has posted a pic of the stuff in it's generic name in the oil/lubrication section. I can't remember the exact name of the stuff though...

As always, I'll recommend that you change anything rubber now, that you don't want to change once the engine is in the car. ;)

Mynes_3

Sep 8, 2009
cencal
not line inside but i remember reading something about the oil line didnt reach or was too short so they gotta fab up something. maybe different thing. thanks

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
Mynes_3;1758879 said:
not line inside but i remember reading something about the oil line didnt reach or was too short so they gotta fab up something. maybe different thing. thanks
You have to do extreme custom paying of a few dollars to get a longer rubber hose for the rear turbo drain.