oil leaking/burning

cry4me_sky

Apr 28, 2007
selah
ok so my car smelled strange when i got home just a second ago so i popped the hood and i have a little oil leak.

it is on the turbo side of the engine.... its sort of under the stock bov right across from the turbo on the engine where this bolt is.. there is a bunch of oiled that leaked out and got burned onto the side of the engine....... should i be freaking out?

any suggestions?

i took a picture but you cant see past where the bov sits because my cell phone doesnt have a flash and its dark in there...

87mgte

87 Turbo Targa
Sep 9, 2007
Sequim
cry4me_sky said:
ok so my car smelled strange when i got home just a second ago so i popped the hood and i have a little oil leak.

it is on the turbo side of the engine.... its sort of under the stock bov right across from the turbo on the engine where this bolt is.. there is a bunch of oiled that leaked out and got burned onto the side of the engine....... should i be freaking out?

any suggestions?

i took a picture but you cant see past where the bov sits because my cell phone doesnt have a flash and its dark in there...

i have the same problem. i'm pretty sure it's the valve cover seals.
i need to replace my exhaust mani gasket too... should probably get on that someday.

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
Sounds like the CPS O-ring.

If it's more toward the front of the engine on the turbo side it is most likely the culprit, its a common issue on high mileage 7M's. When it does leak, it leaks directly onto the exhaust manifold leaving no trace of where it came from, just a nice white mark on your exhaust manifold right between cylinders 1 and 2 of the manifold.