Oil in#1 cylinder + timing belt!!!!!!!

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
Alright so i took my supra 7Mgte to a drift comp in Grants Pass oregon on the 14th. It did great on my first couple practice runs and then i went to start right before my heat it wouldn't. anyways i bump started it and took it home. turned it off and it started right up WTF

I noticed right away there was oil all over my timing belt Im thinkin a main seal not to bad off a fix.

But that wouldnt cause my car not to start there was a noisy valve on the ride home like a constant tick doesnt sound like rod knock though. So i pulled the valve covers and checked the shims They were all outside the service limits for the most part but nothing absolutely horrible, and i dont think that would cause my car to not start either. So i did a compression test and i came up with 150's across the board except for #1 which was filled with oil and came out to be 170's i assume because of all the oil.

So would a bad main seal fill number #1 with oil or what could be the cause of it open to suggestions if someone could point me in the right way thanks

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I got perfect compression and perfect on a leak down. I could not get the front of my engine to stop leaking. I took my head off and I had oil in 1 and it was obvious that the oil from the feed was gettinginto the timing belt area. This may not be your problem but it very well could be.

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
Thanks Im gonna check the main seal but it sounds like head gasket is a strong possibility of where the oil could be coming from my engine has 150k so it is definetaly due for a rebuild

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
Have you ever changed the head gasket if not its probably due! The tick is most likely a shim, check the gap between shims and cams. Possibly an injector tick also? I'm thinking it was oil leaking from the valve covers and into the spark plug valley. Not sure why it didn't start. Good luck.