oil feed suggestions

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
ive searched google and cant figure out if a 1/8 npt fitting oil feed is good for a holset turbo..

im looking for something close to a -4 feed. but holsets oil feed are threaded at m12 1.5. meaning i have to thread a fitting in the bearing housing

i found adapters for m12 1.5 to -6 and 1/8 npt.

which should i go with?

im thinking 1/8 but im unsure of it inner diameter.. personally think -6 is tad to big for oil feed

whats your guys suggestions?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Get these (or ones exactly like them) and use the hose with the banjo fitting from the first link along with the banjo to 4AN adapter in the second link (put this side on the turbo, it makes assembly easier). The banjo bolts in these kits are the right size to thread into the turbo. You will need to drill the restrictor hole in the banjo bolt out to as close to .100" as possible. Then use one of the stock banjo bolts to connect it to the stock turbo oil feed on the block.

$(KGrHqYOKkYE4CFb50uRBODhcJRd-Q~~_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M12x1-5-Tur...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a727720d0&vxp=mtr

!B6dW(lQBmk~$(KGrHqN,!jUEybcUlhBbBM)ZVOznZQ~~_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Oil-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item231b4f658c&vxp=mtr

That is what I've been using since I installed my holset last summer and it works well. You don't need to modify/thread anything, this will bolt right on and connect to the front turbo oil feed on the block.

Last edited:

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
thank you, i was also thinking about the m12 1.5 to -6 adapter at drift motion. i was thinking id run that, then a -6 to -4 reducer. then a -4 line to my oil filter housing. how does that sound?

another question is what are you using for your drain?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I suppose you could do that. A straight adapter off the turbo will come really close to rubbing the hood though.

I used the oil tube from the truck the turbo came from with a piece of hose and a custom welded -12AN adapter to attach to the oil drain. I have a 1JZ.