Oil Feed Line Problem

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
I have, after a year of waiting on a part I finally gave up waiting and fabricated a wastegate actuator mounting bracket so that I could install my new t67 onto my 87T. After 4 hours of work I had everything back in the car and hooked up properly. When I started the engine and the oil system pressurized oil started to really pour onto my driveway. I have since checked all the oil lines and uncovered, much to my dismay that the culprit is the oil feed line connection to the block. I have removed the intake (accordian hose forward) as well as the vaccum lines between avc-r solenoid and wastegate and turbo, but I cannot for the life of me seem to free up enough space to get a wrench around the feed line to tighten it. I am just wondering if anyone has any tips on how I can tighten the line to the block without removing the turbo. Thanks!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's not going to be easy no matter what you do. You can tighten it with the turbo on though. My question is........Did you put the TWO copper washers on the bolt? Their should be one on each side of it. If their not on their you'll probably have a hard time making it seat against the block. Good luck.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's what I did the second time around. They look better and are easier to install. The threads into the block were a little hard for me to match up. You may have better luck than I did.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
Hey everyone, thanks for the advice. I already have stainless steel braided lines. My problem is that I can't seem to get a wrench around the end of the braided line. I was looking for a wrench with an angled head, but I just couldn't find one. I guess it is possible to do though. Anyone know if it is accessible from under the car?

Back2Basics

Regular
Dec 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
i just did this yesterday. put the correct size socket onto an extension.......then get your hand under there from the compressor side of the turbo.........then when you get the extension on the bolt head take the socket wrench and attach it to the extension from the strut tower side of the turbo. hope that helps

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Dark006 said:
i just did this yesterday. put the correct size socket onto an extension.......then get your hand under there from the compressor side of the turbo.........then when you get the extension on the bolt head take the socket wrench and attach it to the extension from the strut tower side of the turbo. hope that helps

this is not the stock turbo oil set up. for the banjo bolt and stock oil lines its cake, but what he has is im assuming braided stainless steel oil line with an AN fitting on there, cant get a socket on it. he needs to get an open ended wrench around it.