Ohio newby

ehall8017

Aug 19, 2011
ohio
The names Eric. 21yrs old. From Ohio. Just picked up an 87 supra and got a 1jz engine and trans along with it. Still needs swapped in though. New to toyota but ive been in the Honda scene for about 5 years now. Thought id start somethin new since im almost done with my del sol.

The supra

p1751591_1.jpg

the motor

p1751591_2.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

and my 500whp+ del sol

p1751591_3.jpg

p1751591_4.jpg

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome from one state over!

I have to say... if you put the kind of effort and precision into your Supra as you did your Del Sol...

You'll likely find your way into becoming an Official Supra owner. ;-)

Look forward to seeing what you do with the car.

If it gives you any incentive, aim for having it running and turning heads by May 2012. 6th Annual Indy Supra Meet.

Jeff

ehall8017

Aug 19, 2011
ohio
Boost Lee;1752427 said:
Welcome from one state over!

I have to say... if you put the kind of effort and precision into your Supra as you did your Del Sol...

You'll likely find your way into becoming an Official Supra owner. ;-)

Look forward to seeing what you do with the car.

If it gives you any incentive, aim for having it running and turning heads by May 2012. 6th Annual Indy Supra Meet.

Jeff

i haven't really decided what i wanna do with it yet. i wanted to maybe get into drifting with but, but i'm not sure. im totally oblivious on toyota stuff so im trying to learn quickly. thanks for the kind words and advice though. its def appreciated

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Welcome to the forums. I'm delighted to see another Ohio Supra owner join. At one time, Ohio had a large population of all generations of Supra owners but our numbers are slowly dwindling. Happy modding and nice wire tuck on the Del Sol, very clean.

ehall8017

Aug 19, 2011
ohio
SupraDreamPDR;1752733 said:
Welcome to the forums. I'm delighted to see another Ohio Supra owner join. At one time, Ohio had a large population of all generations of Supra owners but our numbers are slowly dwindling. Happy modding and nice wire tuck on the Del Sol, very clean.

i ended up getting the car, engine, trans, and a good bit of extra parts for $1,500

edit: the engine also came with the complete harness and ecu

ehall8017

Aug 19, 2011
ohio
yep. the only unfortunate part is that the engine didnt come with the whole hotside (turbos, mani, dp, etc) but that just gives me a reason to upgrade haha

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
ehall8017;1753014 said:
yep. the only unfortunate part is that the engine didnt come with the whole hotside (turbos, mani, dp, etc) but that just gives me a reason to upgrade haha

So true. There are many options for you to pick from.

ehall8017

Aug 19, 2011
ohio
lol yah no one really lives around me. i have a couple friends that mod imports around here but not much