Ohh the smoke

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
Just curious....never had a turbo before. When putting down the pedal on the freeway and turbo kicks in is it normal for the large white smoke puff out the back?

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
mazzer said:
may be time for a new turbo.. not the end of the world. always a good time for an upgrade :biglaugh:

This is the oportunity to get the upgrade, maybe it's a blessing in desguise. Any recommendations or personal preferences?

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
RedDogOIF said:
This is the oportunity to get the upgrade, maybe it's a blessing in desguise. Any recommendations or personal preferences?

whats your mods and hp goals.
i say if its a DD go for an upgraded ct 57 trim w/ 550inj/walbro/lex afm etc etc
if its a project car and u have another car and wanna stay with stock mani either JT, boss, SP, turbonetics turbos
if u wanna tubular monifold and get rid of the stock mani try out the new bullseye turbo at 935 motorsports or some other t3/t4 flanged turbo.

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
no mods yet on my car, right now it's my bike and my car for transportation. after i graduate and get my new car then I will mod this one out....just no time and money right now.

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
starscream5000 said:
If ur still driving your supra and frequently boost, keep an eye on your oil level. Turbos on their way out tend to use oil, ask how I know ;).

Very true, already smell the wonderful burnt oil from turbo, and it doesn't smell like victory...lol. I think I should go ahead and take stock in an oil company in the meantime. :biglaugh:

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
lilazni3uoy said:
south sac/ florin road

edit

thats alot of oil burning up there! just keep ur eye on the oil lvl

yep, very ocd when checking the oil now...ahh but what can you do, at least I won't be bored for awhile....yeah I'm moving off florin and I-5 in the pocket...cool to have another MKIII in the area.