oh my gosh...they make convertibles of this car???

TbombsGen3

Dec 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I always thought they were great looking cars. I remember when they first came out(spyders, not 3000GT) my girlfriend wanted one soooo badly. Of course she then saw the price tag and it quickly changed her mind.
The sad thing is, Mitsu cant do things like that anymore. Too busy digging themselves out of the mess they are in. In the early 90's they had great ideas technologically that you couldnt get anywhere else. And gorgeous vehicles to match. I know they didnt "invent" the hardtop conv, AWD, AWS, turbocharging a midsize sedan for fun, but they dared to do it when others wouldnt. Then they got to comfortably in bed with Dodge and that gave us the "Techno commercial" Eclipse and the Raider.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
what pit is mitsu in right now?

i guess maybe one could be the fact they dont really put any new cars on the market? besides the lancer....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You should have chaced them down, run him off the road, and set him on fir............never mind. I need to go see my therapist.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
DreamerTheresa said:

I saw a blue MKIII on the road the other day.... with no roof. Custom "convertible". I cried. It looked AWFUL.
Wha? You saw it on the road? Thats been reposted a million times on here on Ebay. Blue MkIII Convertible. Yuck. It DOES look hideous.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Since I was a fan of the 3000GT, of course I knew of the Spyder, but the price could not justify the car. The 3000 Spyder was a car that I thought was nice, in theory, but why buy it when you can have a regular VR-4 for $20k less? [at the time, VR-4s were $40k+ and Spyders were $60k+].

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
YIKES!!!! that car is not very good looking... no its just ugly. if he got rid of the home-depot plastic siding stuff for ground effects, painted it ANY COLOR besides sky blue, and changed the rims to ANYTHING but those...it would be cool. but until then its just very hard to imagine that car looking good. i put my finger up to block out the bottom of the car's image from my sight and i still couldnt quite imagine it being nice because of the color....but i think a convertable mk3 would be pretty sweet..

and the convert. 3000gt does remind me of a NSX...at least the cabin's bubble shape does.