Oh boy, 12 volt mod for fuel pump screw up??? SOLVED

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
So today me and a few buddies were determined to get my car running and on the road. And it did start but we still had things to do....

So here is my problem. I did the relay in the back for the fuel pump. And ran the lines accordingly. I removed the resistor and relay for the fuel pump....I went to give the car power, and everything lit up nice and pretty like. So I went to make sure that the wires that needed to be jumped on the stock relay were correct, and they were. So I killed the key jumped the relay and turned key to on. All lights came on for .00005 seconds and then the whole car died. NOTHING is getting power. I dont understand why? Is there a hidden fuse I blew up? Or ecu I fried?

Main ECU is still good.
I checked all fuses and they are all good.
I checked my circuit breaker (battery relocated to rear) it is good.
No burnt wires or mystery smoke when I attempted all of this.

Im pretty stumped... Can someone shed some light on this matter for me please!

Last edited:

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Well I figured out my problem......I wasnt the one who did the battery grounds for the relocation kit. A buddy of mine was. He is a smart guy and I trust him. He put a ground wire to each strut tower post. And apparently the mk3 doesnt see that as a good ground -__-. lol SOOOOO I put a bolt through the floor, and BAM! Power is now back. =]