OEM Wiring Work

Dr Tweak

Just showing off some of the things I've been up to. I'm always looking for ways to improve our wiring work and have finally got some reliable sources for OEM terminals, wire seals, etc for Toyota connectors. This allows us to do wiring work with NO splices in the harness at all. It also allows us to build wiring harnesses completely from scratch, to OEM specifications.

A few pics for you. :)

Brand new connector housing, wire, wire seals, and terminals.

oemwiring1.jpg

Adding the wire seal....

oemwiring2.jpg

Crimped the terminal...

oemwiring3.jpg

Installed into the connector housing...

oemwiring4.jpg

Here I'm wiring up a new ignition harness for a 2JZGTE.

oemwiring5.jpg

oemwiring6.jpg

oemwiring7.jpg

-Doc

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Wow, awesome work. I just finished up a lot of wiring for an alarm and I can only begin to appreciate such clean and thorough work.

Do you do regular 7MGTE re-freshes on harnesses and connectors?

If so, how much? I'd imagine less than the 800 or so that Toyota would like to charge?

Dr Tweak

I do but I'm still working on reliable sources for new terminals and connectors for the older-style plugs used on the 7M harnesses. I have loads of good-condition used connectors though :)

I normally will go through and refresh a harness for $300 - $400 depending on what all it needs.

-Doc

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Any chance you would be willing to sell some plain Jane connectors, that I could assemble. I built my harness from scratch and would not mind redoing some things with brand new components.

-Sean

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I could really use 6 new coil connectors and a JZ ignitor connector. And a connector that plugs into the alternator on a 7mgte. The only other thing I can think of is the CPS wiring which I already replaced and used a weatherpack connector on.