oem moldings

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
I don't think you can find them new, I got mine from a junkyard supra, but as for new I believe the only option is aftermarket.

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
im quickly finding this out... i searched on google and found a carbon fiber kit. anybody bought anything like that before? if so was it quality?

TheBlueSupra

Nov 16, 2011
Idaho
Don't know where in spokane you are but the valley pull and save has a silver 87 supra with a couple decent moulding pieces left. I pulled the tranny and valve shims off it haha

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
soupersupra;1851389 said:
Does anyone know of any body or any where that I can buy a new molding or moldings for my 88 black supra?

There is only one place I know to get oem parts. Have you made any phone calls to verify the pieces you need are available?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
They're all discontinued from Toyota. You'd have to find someone that has old stock sitting around, but if anything I think you'd maybe find 1-2 of the 11 mouldings, at best.

:(

Jeff

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
I've looked everywherr. Like I said the only thing I found was a set of carbon fiber ones. Anybody re-cleared theirs before, or had them refinished? I'm just dealing with this cuz this idiot lady hit my baby while it was parked out of the way of all other cars. Murder was the first thought.lol

toyMKIII

cars and guitars
Jun 20, 2012
Philadelphia
I was having the same problem too- ask around on here, that's how I'm getting mine... murder seems reasonable for that lady...

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
The only place I have had any luck of finding molding was from parts cars. I've been slowing trying to piece it all back to together because it seems like whenever I find a car with the molding, parts of it are missing or completely unusable due to irreparable damage. So I have just been getting the pieces I need as I find them.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
soupersupra;1851563 said:
I've looked everywherr. Like I said the only thing I found was a set of carbon fiber ones. Anybody re-cleared theirs before, or had them refinished? I'm just dealing with this cuz this idiot lady hit my baby while it was parked out of the way of all other cars. Murder was the first thought.lol

Sorry to hear that, I'll do you one better and cheer you up. 6 months after I got my Supra someone came in, stole my car cover and ripped both door trims off, both rear corners, Fender trim and took my Grill with the Toyota badge on it.

Went to Toyota that morning and Ordered the pieces $1000 later... They showed up in two days. My 89 has the light 2 tone, the lower half that is suppose to have rubberized bumper, didn't. Only one corner was any good.

Back to toyota after it's installed, told him I waited and paid to have it installed, not true but I'm not taking it off again. Told him that I would eat the installation cost but I want to keep these pieces on my car until he sorts it out. Agreement.

Month later go in to see, same issue. And they are cleaned out. THEN he tried to not refund my money even though we agreed. Oh well, got my money back. Went on ebay and found some scratchy trim for $40 as a temporary until I could find decent trim.

I have re-cleared. Finding the paint is rough, Toyota doesn't carry. I Eyeballed it. Was almost dead on. Rough it up a bit. All the bumpers end up the same clear colour deep down. If it's got spray or scratches, rubbing compound. Use your judgement. They come out pretty good. PIC: If the moulding looks inverted it because the rubber stuff was peeled off.

p1851962_1.jpg

Good Luck!

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
Honeydew, much appreciated. I'll prolly end up reclearing em. People wonder why I care so much but its all about the fact that I dont own a piece of shit. And I don't put garbage parts on my car. I have a 67 Camaro and you can eat off almost every part on the car, including every part of its big block engine.