Odd Question

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
I was just talking car stuff with a friend and began to wonder... how hot does the intake manifold get? There is probably a difference between the lower runners and the manifold itself. But I was just wondering if the manifold got hot. Or even further, I would guess a front facing would be even cooler since its not on top of the motor.

N

NDBoost

socc924 said:
I was just talking car stuff with a friend and began to wonder... how hot does the intake manifold get? There is probably a difference between the lower runners and the manifold itself. But I was just wondering if the manifold got hot. Or even further, I would guess a front facing would be even cooler since its not on top of the motor.
dont forget to mention that the IC piping doesnt run across the turbo and motor with FFIM :naughty:

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
Good point ND. Does anyone know how hot the manifold realy gets though. I used the reference that I thought some manifolds, maybe of v-8's, were made of some sort of plastic. Would a plastic intake manifold melt?

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
probably not to the point where it would melt, probably to the point where it would get soft and wouldnt be practical..