Odd problem....

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Well, I noticed recently that my ebrake light does not go away when the ebrake is not engaged. It just stays on. lol. Now, my question is, even if the light just stays on, will that affect any electronics that involve my ebrake? I would assume no, but Im not sure. And also Id like to just get it fixed, because obviously something is wrong.

Electronics by which I mean being affected:

Bee R Rev Limiter (Not installed yet)
Python Security System (Installed and seems to work fine)

Any ideas on this guys and gals?

I searched but could not find anything on this situation.

Thanks
David

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Brake level is fine. I put a new BBK (cobra) on the front. Everything is attached correctly. I dont understand why its on. The ebrake is down and it stays on. But the brakes work fine. Both of them.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
There are 2 reasons for the 'BRAKE' light to come on- first is the parking brake, there's a switch on the handle assembly, it rarely fails. Second, there is a fluid level sensor in the brake fluid reservoir (part of the fluid cap iirc)- it uses a float and feed switch to turn on the light- it fails much more often. Easiest way to diagnose it is to disconnect the wires going to it and see if the light turns off.

Aside from those 2, you could have a short somewhere in the circuit, but test both of those first!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Check to make sure the ebrake is even hitting the sensor. Mine was missing it, so I repositioned it using a Philips head screwdriver by loosening the screw that holds it in place, then tightening once the sensor was in place properly. Try pushing the sensor button with your finger with the car on and see if the light goes off.

Sometimes its something simple. ; )

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
OH MY GOD.......what a worthless thread. Ugh I'm a dumbass. I'm sorry guys. The damn clip on the sensor for the level reader in the maser cylinder wasn't connected.

FML....ugh. Light is gone. haha

Thanks for the responses though everyone.