Odd nioses and rough idling

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
About a week ago i was driving around. Car sounded great, oil pressure was normal until i do numerous hard pulls while entering a freeway. I shifted around the 5500 rpm mark and later noticed the oil pressure gauge lower than usual. I didn't think much of it so i continued driving to my destination. As i pulled in into a McDonalds drive thru i lowered the music and heard some knocking. I pulled over to the side and the knocking continued. the knocking wasn't loud and did not sound like rod knock. For reasons of the unknown i decided to drive home. two days later i start up the car and there was no knocking. i added some 5w 30 oil and still no knocking. but the engine feels very rough and if left idlling it will eventually shut off. It sometimes screeches. I uploaded a video. perhaps someone can diagnose the problem. ill check for codes tomorrow and will upload more videos if requested. thanks in advanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGS_JpyrdWo

Last edited:

caballo

Aug 2, 2008
So Cal
*bump* i have the whole day today to attempt some work but idk where to begin... any help will be greatly appreciated

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Get a short length of heater hose(held to your ear to narrow where the sound is at) and try to figure out where that screech is coming from. Maybe pull the upper timing belt cover and check the belt. It might be on it's way out and skipped a tooth and also causing the sound? That's how I would start out at least.