O2 sensor wireing

mkt

Apr 22, 2009
twin falls
hey guys i just bought my first supra, i opened up the hood to look at some issues, not even relating this but i seen some ghetto rigged wiring and there was 3 wires going into a plug, its an o2 sensor right after the turbo, i want to wire the three wires into the plug or just cut the plug and wire straight to wires i just dont know which colors to match. on the o2 plug itself i got 2 black wires and a blue wire coming out, and on the harness i got 1pink/green, 1 pink/black, and 1 yellow. sorry this is a lot to read, i have searched and found nothing. thanks for the help guys

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Why do you want to cut the connector off? If you have to change the sensor, you will have to recrimp and solder everything.

Picture?

I assume the sensor is fitting in the hole, but the plugs don't match. I would get a new sensor, but that is just me.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
^ I was wondering the same thing.

OP: Those colors don't seem to match up to the schematic but one wire will be ground. Use the ohmmeter on your DMM (you do have one right?) to ID it. Once found switch to voltage and look for 12 volts on one of the remaining two wires with the key on. Connect the ground and 12 volt one to the black wires on the sensor. Doesn't matter which goes to which. Connect the remaining harness wire to the blue one on the sensor...