O2 sensor options

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
I was wondering if there is a three wire o2 sensor I can use that just screws into a weld bung. I am having my downpipe rewelded and flanged and I want to replace my o2 sensor. Problem is that I dont have the o2 flange anymore so I am having my exhaust shop weld a screw in bung to my turbo elbow,yes its steel and no I dont want to wait to get another weld flange for the o2. I just want to go to advanced and buy a o2 sensor screw it in and go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Sure there is screw in style O2 sensors.
Depends on what size hole and pitch you had welded in there.
Find one from a Chevy or something.
Then manually splice the wires into the existing connector.

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
I want one of the approximate dimensions as the original, I was looking at the chevy sensors and ford sensor but they look different. Will a chevy sensor read properly to the computer? I want the sensor first so that when I take my elbow they can just find the right weld bung, my exhaust shop should have it.

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
lintlars said:
use a o2 off an 89 mustang 5.0 thats all Ive ever used they work great and only cost 20-30$ not 100$

yes mustang here as well. there is 2 diferent part numbers for them but the only difference is the wire lenght. i go the one with a longer wire since you do need to splice it