O2 sensor CEL

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
CEL for o2 is still on after putting a new one in. With my original harness im thinking there might be a break in the wire somewhere from the o2 to the ecu. Is there a way to trace or check the continuity of the wires from the plug to the ecu pins/harness??? I know there are three wires @ o2 and I believe only one ends up at the ECU. SMOG coming up soon and need to pass or else will have to be parked (its gonna suck not being able to spool up). THX.

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
Hmong_1G;1482584 said:
New bosch unit? Bosch is crap. Chance of getting one that works properly is very very low.

Nope this one is not a Bosch...its a Denso! Any inputs on how to check the continuity of the wires, and which one????

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
what code are you getting. and you need to pull the fuse for at least 30 sec(if you already didn't know)

supersupramk3

average joe
Mar 29, 2009
sacramento, CA
hvyman;1482879 said:
what code are you getting. and you need to pull the fuse for at least 30 sec(if you already didn't know)

Gettin a code 21, and yes have pulled the fuse for 30 sec or more. I have tried that test from the tsrm....Im not sure if im doin it correctly or not but basically it leads to either a bad ecu or bad o2. I just need to check the conituity throughout the wires towards the ECU. Anybody else got a clue.