Not getting fuel pressure after Walbro 255 swap. Help.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hi,

I've just changed the fuel pump to the Walbro 255. Tried to start it today, nothing happens. Starter goes around but it gets no fuel pressure. Got a Aeromotive FPR.

I'm using stock wiring on the fuel pump. Connected it up exactly as old one. All the 3 hoses to the fuel tank were connected properly. I measured 10 volts going to fuel pump when turning key, can also hear the pump running. Just filled 20 liters into the tank so it's got enough fuel.

Need help with this..

Thanks,
Scott

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Sounds like you could have a kinked or pinched line somewhere considering you can hear the pump running. You could also have the polarity on the pump backwards. Can you hear any fuel flowing in the rail when you jumper FP and B+ in the diag box with the key on? Maybe your regulator is backed off too far.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Found the problem. The polarity was backwards. On the new walbro connector red wire is ground and black is +, real smart.

But now I have another problem, the EFI fuse goes right away when turning starter. Only thing I did was to swap polarity.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Check that the wiring at the top of the fuel pump is not exposed, grounding it to the car.
Maybe in reversing the wires, one of them frayed.