not boosting when gauge shows boost

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
sweet, Thanks man, and to everyone else that has helped. i will post back once i figure out what it is, but if i cant maybe ill get some video so you guys can see yourself.

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
ok well sorry to revive this thread, but i got my timing checked and it is fine, also i cannot find any leaks. i cannot think of what else this could be. i pulled my boost controler out to see if that was it too, and it did nothing.

After driving it a little more its like the car is trying to boost but something is holding it back, guage still shows boost but my car holds back like there is something stopping me. It runs perfectly fine otherwise. any help would be appreciated.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
89turboguy said:
Thanks guys, i will get all this checked out. My downpipe is loose as shit because i got a full3 inch and the nuts i had wouldnt clear the dp so i only have 2 on there, but it ran fine for at least a week like that. so i dunno.

Mkiiisupraman18...
I am hitting fuel cut at 1.2 bar still, so thats why i wasnt thinking it could be a boost leak. so i dont get that either.

i also have a huge crack in my intake pipe, but yet again it ran fine for a while with that same crack
Ummm...

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
yes i know that, just waiting to get a test pipe so i used the old cat. anyways, a guy on here from colorado told me about a shop i can take it to to get it looked at, so i am going to do that tomorrow and see if they can figure it out.

CACressida

The Cressida Whore!
Feb 19, 2007
Modesto, CA
My car did this. It would idle just a tad bit rough and when I take it for a drive and punch it, the engine is bogged down, yet you hear the turbo spooling like crazy. I found out i had the coupler from under the turbo was busted. It'd build boost cuz you can hear it, but engine is bogging down and the car isn't going nowhere. I don't have my boost gauge connected in my Cressida, so I'm not sure if was building boost.

Likely you have boost leak. Your Supra wasn't designed to operate properly with even a hair sized crack in the hoses. Replace all rubber couplers, and if you could afford it, replace your plastic pipes with hard lines.

TheAmazingDave

Formerly 86mister2
Feb 26, 2007
Cali South Bay
The other night when I put my BOV on, I took it for a drive and when I hit full boost, the rubber cap on the factory bypass valve line had popped off. I had clamped it too tight and it tore off around the clamp.

I could hear the turbo spooling like mad and the boost gauge would still read pressure, but the car drove like a sedated mule. AFR gauge pegged full rich.

Fixed the leak with another cap and the car hauls much ass again.