Not another no start thread.....sorry but please help meh

Vash

Sep 9, 2012
Tennessee
Ok so i have an 87 7mgte basically stock except for an after market bov. It was running great and my fuel gauge doesnt work so in process of trying to fix it i pulled my gauge cluster out and changed the fuel gauge out with a 90 7mgte fuel gauge. i also changed the tach and temp gauge too because i liked they way they look...... put cluster back in and started the car. fired right up no problem. gauges working good. i realized i forgot to put my radio back in the dash so i plugged it in and while sliding it back into the dash my car shut off. now it will not start back up...???? i have researched everywhere i can to figure out what could cause this. i switched my ignighter, ecu, cam senor out with one off my buddies running 88. Still nothing. read if you unhook the battery for 30 mins it will reset everything left the battery unhooked over night and still nothing. it cranks over good, tach bounces like im getting signal from the cam sensor. only code i have is 51. my a/c is gone and ive always had that code. checked the fuel pump its working. checked for spark it has spark on all 6. you can smell the fuel after cranking it a few times so i know its making it all the way.....checked the timing its dead on.....even read somewhere to pull the dome fuse incase the security system is locked up. still nothing.......i am completly lost and need some suggestions if anyone has any????looked all up and down tsrm at no start troubleshooting and tested everything i could. checked all my connections.....

Vash

Sep 9, 2012
Tennessee
Just did another check and found my injectors are not firing. They don't make any noise while cranking. Pulled a plug no fuel making it into cylinder. When I ark the wore from b+ to fp the pump whines. Replaced the injector resistor with a known good one off a running car still nothing ?

Vash

Sep 9, 2012
Tennessee
I sprayed starter fluid and it starts for a second so definitely fuel related. What would make my injectors not fire? All of them not fire?

WyoMK3

Oct 2, 2012
Sonora, TX
check to see if you have voltage across one of the injector harnesses while cranking.
also what's your fuel pressure?

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
you blew a fuse, check all them.im thinking the accessory wire that pwrs up the radio also feeds injectors, so make sure you didn't pinch the wiring.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
^This.
I have to ask- In all this testing, and parts swapping, did you check the EFI fuse in the engine compartment?