noob BOV question

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
ok, so i was wondering if i could use a knockoff turbo xs bov in place off the bosch bpv i have, with the stock hoses. or just using hoses. if so what connects to what? or do i have to have hardpipes?
feel free to flame, but at least gimme a little good info mixed in. :1zhelp:

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
crimson88;1410020 said:
ok, so i was wondering if i could use a knockoff turbo xs bov in place off the bosch bpv i have, with the stock hoses. or just using hoses. if so what connects to what? or do i have to have hardpipes?
feel free to flame, but at least gimme a little good info mixed in. :1zhelp:

Does the knockoff recirculat the air or just dump to atmosphere?

If it dumps to atmosphere then you'll need to plug the accordian pipe as this will be a vacume leak...then rig a way to put a hose too the bov unless you mod and weld a flang on the stock 3000 pipe..

I don't recomend any of this and honestly think it's increadible stupid that you even asked let alone you're using knockoff chinaman crap!

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
gaboonviper85;1410138 said:
Does the knockoff recirculat the air or just dump to atmosphere?

If it dumps to atmosphere then you'll need to plug the accordian pipe as this will be a vacume leak...then rig a way to put a hose too the bov unless you mod and weld a flang on the stock 3000 pipe..

I don't recomend any of this and honestly think it's increadible stupid that you even asked let alone you're using knockoff chinaman crap!

not sure, just saw it for sale cheap on a local forum. i just thought id ask cuz if it was easy, id do it just to change up the sound everyonce in awhile. if it was something serious, i would not use knockoff anything. trust me. im not going to disrespect my car like that.

gotsomegetsome

Age Quod Agis
Mar 31, 2008
san jose
I've had an experience with these. They suck. Dont buy it. Dont mess with it. Drop it and leave it

I had one and it took me about 30 tries to figure out that the vacuum leak i had was coming from one of these. The piston inside the bov is not air tight enough to the inside wall that air escapes past the piston and you can actually feel the air being sucked through it if you put your hand on the vent port.

-->ridiculous waste of money.

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
gotsomegetsome;1410365 said:
I've had an experience with these. They suck. Dont buy it. Dont mess with it. Drop it and leave it

I had one and it took me about 30 tries to figure out that the vacuum leak i had was coming from one of these. The piston inside the bov is not air tight enough to the inside wall that air escapes past the piston and you can actually feel the air being sucked through it if you put your hand on the vent port.

-->ridiculous waste of money.

alright, thats the info i was looking for. thanks. :icon_bigg