Non-Tech looking for TPS Calib. Help.

zemon3

Big Poohbah
Aug 14, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I have I believe a very similar prob to WILLFISH in 2005 with raising engine speed and it falling to 500 rpm then dying. Sorry haven't checked codes but it is identical and it is briefly discussed in this post --> http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6194 .OK. I am having problem understanding cygnus pg. FI-101 which is Inspect TPS page. I bought a used TPS (the one where I had to adjust my flange 90 degrees from my stock model 28030:icon_mad:). Done. I have been doing the non tech thing of moving it back and forth to see if it helps keep the engine going, of course it doesn't. I am sorry for newbie questions, but I think I expended my research ability and need help. I have an ohmeter (need help using it though) I assume I need a feeler gauge?

FYI:1990 7mgte, manual conversion, need to reattach intercooler, not boosting.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
if you dont even have your ic hooked up then you definitly have a HUGE boost leak and that would cause your car to run

zemon3

Big Poohbah
Aug 14, 2006
Cleveland, OH
robbo185 said:
if you dont even have your ic hooked up then you definitly have a HUGE boost leak and that would cause your car to run
... run what? Would a boost leak cause my car to die after accelerating at all. It will die even before the turbo should start to spool. Not to mention this was a problem when my turbo was spooling. I am really interested in someone helping me use the feeler guides and reading the ohmeter. I tried to be specific in the title. Anyone else have help to offer?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
that's so damn wrong it's not even funny... exactly the reason I don't go on SF anymore...

do NOT modify the throttlebody, it's pointless, just get the right TPS

I've had two BRAND NEW ones in hand of both design, both of them moved freely. They start to stick when they wear out and get old, causing issues.

It's a cheap part compared to how horrible the car will run with a bad one or one that isn't calibrated correctly.