No Spark for my 7M-GE

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
Attention to the EFI is exactly what I have done. I managed to get power pack to the computer and spark along with it. In my searching for the problem in the system, I encountered an issue with the fuse panel on the driver side under the dash. When checking for voltage at the IGN fuse (the 7.5 one all the way to the bottom right) I found that when I lightly pressed on the fuse the circuit kicked on and then shut of when I let go. I changed the fuse and am sure that the fuse itself isn't the problem. I inspected the connectors in the panel and they are sturdy and in place. I can definitely say that my problem is at that fuse panel. I haven't had a chance to pull it off and figure out what exactly is going on with it. I also got the Check Engine Light coming on now and checked for codes but get nothing even after cranking it. It tells me that my system is in working order.

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
Upon inspection of the fuse panel I couldn't find anything physically wrong with it. I noticed that it has a relay integration brain on the back and decided to just swap out the panel and relay integration. Well, let's just say that the spark issue has been well taken care of. I have also managed to get the car back up and running. :icon_razz

In buying a car that was altered I expected some problems but dang, that took me about 3 weeks to hunt down all the electrical problems it had just to get it running. Well worth the time and effort though.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful and just a heads up that I won't be adding any more to this thread unless someone else does so first.

suprick

May 8, 2008
SW Ohio
rfurgy;1048262 said:
Upon inspection of the fuse panel I couldn't find anything physically wrong with it. I noticed that it has a relay integration brain on the back and decided to just swap out the panel and relay integration. Well, let's just say that the spark issue has been well taken care of. I have also managed to get the car back up and running. :icon_razz

In buying a car that was altered I expected some problems but dang, that took me about 3 weeks to hunt down all the electrical problems it had just to get it running. Well worth the time and effort though.

Thank you everyone for being so helpful and just a heads up that I won't be adding any more to this thread unless someone else does so first.

Mine has been down for less than a week and is doing the same thing. Going to check out the panel/relay by swapping it. If that's it, I'll be cruising L8R today. When I've gotten the engine light to come on, it starts and runs gr8, but engine light won't come on very often. A couple of times during the process of swapping out ECU's and fuses, the light comes on and starts...... only to not start L8R when the engine light is not on. It almost seems like kharma is involved....

Last edited:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
suprick;1080289 said:
Mine has been down for less than a week and is doing the same thing. Going to check out the panel/relay by swapping it. If that's it, I'll be cruising L8R today. When I've gotten the engine light to come on, it starts and runs gr8, but engine light won't come on very often. A couple of times during the process of swapping out ECU's and fuses, the light comes on and starts...... only to not start L8R when the engine light is not on. It almost seems like kharma is involved....
Have you checked for codes?