No Spark after letting the car sit. 2JZ-gte

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
After letting my car sit for a month, my car(2jz-gte) cranks but does not fire. I removed the spark plugs and checked for spark and there is none. I've been searching around and the information i get points to cam sensors, crank sensor, and ignition coil. I've already replaced the spark plugs with NGK 6282's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kanji1jz

kanji
Jan 16, 2008
tampa fl
So take the people's advice! Changing spark plugs isn't going to do anything unless your sensors are working properly. Have you checked codes in the car? If not, start there and do your research on your codes. This is why technicians get paid the money that we do, because we know how to start and finish these repairs.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I know this is going to sound redundant, but most electrical issues I've found on my cars were either because of grounds (most common), or sensors. Occasionally, the wiring plays into that too. ;)

Check your harness to make sure it is going to the battery and is properly grounded. If your starter is getting juice but your harness (and therefore ECU and coils, everything else) is not, then the engine will crank the battery dry, but you won't get the thing started...

SpoolinSupra

Jul 5, 2006
Wyoming Valley, PA
www.myspace.com
bad crank sensor/wiring, bad ignitor/wiring. thats about all i can think of that controls spark assuming the ECU has power/ground- if CEL turns on with key on, ECU is powered. crank signal from sensor goes to ecu for engine position, ecu sends signals to igniter- which uses higher current circuits to fire plugs when signals are received. check power and ground at igniter, it needs voltage input to ramp up the current.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
assuming there is enough fuel in the tank and your pump is indeed working ;) and no fuses are blown