no spark after BHG repair

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
So the car is back together, but for some reason i have no spark, I've completely rewired the CPS but i haven't had a chance to test it, the Ignitor or coil packs per the TSRM, aside from those parts is there anything else that could cause it not to spark?

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
hmmm can you discribe the wire i should be looking for? the only grounds i remember removing for the electronics was on the coil packs and the tiny ass ground attatched to the rear lift point, your most likely right and that ground is all i need to fix just not sure which one it is lol

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's 4 wires. 2 white and 2 brown that go on abolt on the intake manifold. They can make there way on the starter easy.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
You are most likely a genius, i remember putting them on the bolt, the ones next to all of the old auto transmission wiring but i'll be damned if i can remember if i tightened said bolt down, hopefully that's all it is cause this last month without my car has been hell, i miss my supra more than a sane man should

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
well the grounds were fine, and i was able to start the car, it apparently had lost enough fuel though evaporation to have none in the tank, i put some in and started her right up, now it appears that it's idling too fast about 1k, where it should only be around 650 IIRC but i can't retard the timing anymore with the CPS it's at the end of the flange already, is this normal?

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
at the risk of sounding stupider than i have already proven to be, how do i do that, the TSRM states to set the motore to TDC first, should it really be lined up with the 10* mark before the CPS is installed?

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
the no spark condition was due to a connector on the coil pack harness that had pushed out, with that resolved i got spark again, but still no start. Then i was proven to be a dumbass when my buddy asks does it have gas in it? to which i replied It did when i parked it. Turns out that crap evaporates go figure

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
jetjock;1678921 said:
Yeah, go figure. But since the fuel system is sealed where did the fuel evaporate to? Bear with me. Not being the genius hvyman is I often need explanations....

Thats the most i seen you type in like 3 months. lol.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
It lives! I was able to start the car and we're working on timing now, gotta go buy a decent light to do it though also need to find an exhaust leak seems like a pretty bad one too