No Reverse Lights!!!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I have a 87 N/A. For some reason when put in reverse there are no reverse lights. I have checked the fuses and they are fine. I also searched and came up with one post and someone mention replace the reverse switch. I take to that as the NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH that was being talked about? Or is there some other answer to this. I've heard that switch cost a lot too. :cry: i cant afford a new one for now.

Someone please tell me wat other solutions and where to look for answers. That'll be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
yes, is that the orange light? yea, it is. But i have checked and they all fine cuz i went through the process of changed out the whole tails bulbs. i dont feel like buying another neutral safety switch unless there are other ways of fixing it. Thanks guys

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
You might need to replace or inspect the yellow lamp failure box in the trunk because that might be bad. Inspect yours to see if you have any water damage, loose wires, or any rust on the connectors.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
On my NA>T rebuild, the back up light switch wire from the W58 tranny to the car wire harness was not connected because the wire was cut on the ECU harness. I didn't notice it until one day backing up at night I didn't see my reverse lights go on. So I just crimp spliced it. So I'd check to see that the switch is working. If its an auto, the neutral start switch does the same thing.
Which tranny do you have?

ajcma70

Feb 28, 2009
OZ
Did this ever got resolved?? I've got the same issue with my standard auto... was it the neutral start switch. If that was faulty wouldn't that mean you could possibly start in D range etc? - Thanks

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I just helped someone with this problem and it was the neutral start switch that caused the reverse lights not to light up even with good bulbs and good fuses.