No Power!

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
Well my problem is that i have no electrical power to anything at all.

Vehicle-89 Turbo manual with open dp, intake, and manual boost controller.

Story- today i was putting my sub in, which went without to much trouble. After i hooked everything up, i tested out the sub with the key on on. It worked fine, had power to everything. So then i go to start my car, starter clicks then stops, and i have no power to anything.

Its not the battery terminals (i put new terminals on and tried playing with then). My guess would have to be a fusible link or fuse. But which one would it be? And what does a blown fusible link look like? What is there location?

Thanks for any help,
Andrew

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Have you checked the ALT Fuse. Its 100A. Also I can try to find a pic of the fusible link but its on the positive cable and comes right off of the battery iirc.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
maybe you had your door open all day with door light and dome light on for a while? =/ i did that installing my alarm heh....

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
No there was power untill the click, then nothing. But i figured it out. It was something really dumb, the paint on the terminals were the culprit. I just dont understand how everything worked fine then when i tried to start it nothing worked. You would think that nothing would work from the start? O well its fixed lol.

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
well the starter draws alot of amperage, amperage that it couldn't get thru the dirty connection, the sub will work fine because it doedsn't draw nearly as much

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
againstdawall06 said:
No there was power untill the click, then nothing. But i figured it out. It was something really dumb, the paint on the terminals were the culprit. I just dont understand how everything worked fine then when i tried to start it nothing worked. You would think that nothing would work from the start? O well its fixed lol.

maybe it was barely connecting? i get that occasionally where my car clicks then trying to turn drains the batt even more... man i need to fix that still :) heh