No Power inside car after 1jz swap

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
ok im sure this something so simple. I did a 1jzgte swap and i dont have power inside the car. i checked my fusible link and all my fuses also resanded and adjusted grounds. Battery is at full charge (checked with fluke meter). i disabled my alarm. i made sure the 14gauge power wire is tight in the battery terminal connector and im left with 2 plugs after the swap. I just want to double check with people what they are. i got my info on the plugs from here

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=39

Mystery Plug 1 - Cold Start Injector?

p1006605_1.jpg

Mystery Plug 2 - Start Injector Time SW

p1006605_2.jpg

am i right? those dont supply power to inside. any other ideas?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
What did you do with the two thick black wires that went to the 7m alternator? They provide the power to the cabin.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
were the two black wires black with yellow stripe and black with orange/red stripe? i spliced those into the ea2 connector. I do have these two white wires left from the a1 connector

p1007651_1.jpg

can this be the culpret?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
supra_supra;1007651 said:
were the two black wires black with yellow stripe and black with orange/red stripe? i spliced those into the ea2 connector. I do have these two white wires left from the a1 connector

p1007669_1.jpg

can this be the culpret?

Those white/black wires are I gounds I think.

The wire JONO is talking about is the alternator wire. If you look at your 7m Alternator wires, there is a connector with three wires which I sent you a picture of. ITs a round plug connecting to the alternator.

The altrernator also has abig thick black cable that connects to the alternator with a 10 mm nut. . The alternator wires from the 1jz needs to be spliced into the 7m connetor wires ( same colors) , and the thick black wire should be extended to reach the alternator.

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Your first pic in your first post I'm pretty sure that plug goes to the little fans that your 7m used to have, the second pic I really cant tell its to bright and blurry and the two black wires Jono is talking about are just flat black no other colors and and they are usually taped together. On the 7m they were held down to the alternator by a little nut. I'll see if I can get a pic its kinda hard to describe...

Edit: looks like moe beat me to it lol.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
bluemkiii;1007670 said:
Your first pic in your first post I'm pretty sure that plug goes to the little fans that your 7m used to have, the second pic I really cant tell its to bright and blurry and the two black wires Jono is talking about are just flat black no other colors and and they are usually taped together. On the 7m they were held down to the alternator by a little nut. I'll see if I can get a pic its kinda hard to describe...

Edit: looks like moe beat me to it lol.

Yeah I called him and he found the fat alternator wire. Hopefully that is all once its extended and connected. :biglaugh:

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
well at some point when grounding my negative terminal i decided that grounding that wire was would be cool since its big and shiny. anyways i have power to the inside now, but it isnt much. my fluke meter says it has 10.2v, but i stuck the trickle charger on it anyways. Hopefully that should do it. Thanks everyone!