No nipple on turbo-where is alternative pressure source?

GringoEJS

Jun 20, 2005
Kansas City
I have an aftermarket turbo with no nipple on the housing. The Profec B Spec II manual says I need to have a pressure source for a vac line, suggesting the nipple on the turbo. I thought I could get away with using one of the stock nipples on the intake plenum, but I think I need a better source. I am not getting a boost reading from the EBC either and unsure if this is why. I was wondering if it would be fine putting a nipple in the 3000 pipe as the vac source. I also have an external wastegate if that makes any difference...Can I get some advice on what others have done in the same situation?
Thanks in advance

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
GringoEJS;1330092 said:
I have an aftermarket turbo with no nipple on the housing. The Profec B Spec II manual says I need to have a pressure source for a vac line, suggesting the nipple on the turbo. I thought I could get away with using one of the stock nipples on the intake plenum, but I think I need a better source. I am not getting a boost reading from the EBC either and unsure if this is why. I was wondering if it would be fine putting a nipple in the 3000 pipe as the vac source. I also have an external wastegate if that makes any difference...Can I get some advice on what others have done in the same situation?
Thanks in advance

i know on mine i have the line for my EBC on the hose that goes from the turbo to the wastegate

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
You can either drill and tap a nipple fitting into the turbo outlet itself, or install one of these into the silicone coupler after the turbo: http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...oduct_Code=ATP-FTG-010&Category_Code=ATP-FTG1
quicktap1_450.jpg

quicktap4_450.jpg

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
You can put it pretty much anywhere man, just will get slightly higher boost the farther you have it from the compressor. On my friends 240 he put a manifold(for BOV, WG, ect) on his hose to his brake booster. No problems, except he's faster than me:icon_mad:

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
The best way would be to drill and tap a source into the compressor side of the turbo. (I really don't like putting it in a silicon coupler in case it gets weak from heat over time and may suck that fitting right through it.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
7Mboost;1330824 said:
The best way would be to drill and tap a source into the compressor side of the turbo. (I really don't like putting it in a silicon coupler in case it gets weak from heat over time and may suck that fitting right through it.

Theres not really any vacum there, may pop it out under boost. I don't like the silcone option either.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I'd be wary of using an alternative vacuum location. We had an issue on a pt67 powered supra in that the wastegate would open and close randomly after 13lbs (with an 18lb spring).

We moved location about two inches where it was tapped on the turbo and retapped, which fixed the problem.

Just my 2 cents.

GringoEJS

Jun 20, 2005
Kansas City
We tapped it at the 3000 pipe earlier today...If that doesn't work out, perhaps we will just tap the turbo. Thanks for all the replies!