No injector pulse? help please!

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
i have just swapped a 90 gte engine into a 89+ na shell.. i have repinned the B1 to fit the body harness and everything seems to work fine.. the engine has spark and is gettin fuel to the fuel rail when i crank the motor it stalls right after doesnt want to idle for nothing....ive been looking intensively and havent found anything that can help me has this happen to anyone? idk if i missed something or havent pluggd something in but ive checked 100 times and everthing seems right

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
do you check for injector pulse? if its starting at all then the inj are firing. what it sounds like is that you have a vacuum leak, meaning there is unmetered air geting "sucked in" somewhere after the afm..
hope this helps..

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
im going to check all the pipes from the afm through the intercooler to the TB hope that is the problem

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
i checkd the injectors with a noid light and they arent firing but they have 12 volts going to them... also the motor stood on when i sprayed starting fluid in it.. can it be bad ground?...

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
my inj resistor is from a 88 supra yellow plug i have a 90 grey plug can that be an issue?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
All gte use low imp with injector resister.

Any codes?

Ecu grounds on intake manifold?

When you spray carb cleaner does it stay running or does it die when you stop spraying.

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
so it isnt the inj resistor? im waiting for a friend to lend me his ecu scanner to bring up the codes so im unsure what comes up and all the grounds are connected.

it also stops running when i stop spraying

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
well i have a 90 5pd harness repinned the b1 with a 89 auto ecu.. can the pins not match due to the year difference? since u said
the ecu grounds the injectors? or maybe bad ecu?

beerxd

Aug 1, 2011
bkny
well i changed the ecu and now i have an injector pulse the car turns on idles high then stalls sometimes itll stay on for a few seconds then stalls i have no idea now what can be wrong

i checkd the codes i got 22 24 51