NO HEAT!!!

Hey i have a 87 turbo and for some reason i have no heat. I recently replace the thermostat and it worked for like a week. But now the temp gage goes half way up (normal). So i checked the fluid thinking maybe it was low. Good to go on that.. Im pretty sure the heater core might be stopped up or something. I was wondering if there maybe was something i was overlooking like the heater controls or something.....thanks

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There's a way you can bypass the heater valve to make it work. I don't know what it's called, but it's on your back wall on the passengers side. It looks like a bell. Push the lever up and wire it up to stay there and you will have heat. I had to do it to my wifes 89 supra. I just let it back down in the spring when she doesn't need heat anymore..............good luck.

suprahero said:
There's a way you can bypass the heater valve to make it work. I don't know what it's called, but it's on your back wall on the passengers side. It looks like a bell. Push the lever up and wire it up to stay there and you will have heat. I had to do it to my wifes 89 supra. I just let it back down in the spring when she doesn't need heat anymore..............good luck.

Is the valve in the heater hose line?? If not where is it??

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
there's two hose running to it, one hose running with your fire wall to it, and one hose running below it. I'd say start up you car, open your radiator cap and check on your coolant. sometimes supras are real picky, just a couple of drop of coolant can turn it back on. If doesnt work, get a coolant by pass valve at autozone for $1. :D

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
mine did the same thing about 2 years ago and i just ran the heater hose from the engine to the heatercore and back to the engine and it worked great.